Planning & Packing
Thank you for considering Sierra Christian Service Camp for your next camp retreat or event. Our facility has been used by numerous churches and organizations over the years and we want you to know that we are here to help make your experience at Sierra Christian Service Camp a special, memorable time for both you and your group. In order to assist you and your planning, we have designed our website to provide you with all the information you need to schedule, evaluate, plan, and facilitate an effective outing in the Sierra Mountains.
How to Rent a Camp?
1. Choose a couple of dates to host your retreat or camp (you may not always get your 1st choice of dates, but we'll do our best). Check our availability on our calendar page.
2. If new to us, schedule a tour to get familiar with the facilities.
3. Call or email Adam Capehart, Chairman of the Board. 661-623-0567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We'll make a contract for your dates.
4. Review your contract, sign and return it with a $750 deposit.
5. Use these planning guides to maximize the success of your event!
Resources for Group Leaders
1. A Guide to Spiritual Retreat Planning
2. Guest Director Responsibilities
3. Sample Menu (4 days)
4. Camp Schedule Ideas
5. Adult Schedule Ideas
6. Sample Bill
7. Group Leader Packing List (For Leader / Director).
8. Kitchen Worker's Packing List (For Cooks).
9. Camp Map
10. Cabin Assignments Worksheet
11. Value of Getting Outdoors
12. Ask about our food delivery account with SYSCO. Order your food online and have it delivered early to camp to save you time and money! (Must arrange in advance)
13. Another planning checklist
Handouts for Campers
1. Camp Rules
2. Notes to Parents
3. What to Bring (for Kids)
4. Directions (Modify and print for your group)
5. Release of Liability
Many of these helpful resources can be printed and distributed to your guests. You may use ours, or create documents of your own!
Have a suggestion for something you'd like to have? We're here to help!